Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hair Extensions in La'Belle, Leisure Mall (Kuala Lumpur)

I'm going to blog about my latest hair extensions. As you guys know I'm a big fan of braiding hair extensions & that I usually get them from Milly's in Singapore. However, it's very expensive & fussy because I need to find  people to accompany me to Singapore every 6 months =( Not only that, I also need to splurge on the accommodation, transportation, food, shopping etc so it will sum up to thousands. So this time, I decided to do it in KL instead. I kinda hesitate at first but eventually I did it and I'm super satisfied with it.



 Me before my hair extensions

All this while I knew there's this saloon that does braiding hair extensions in Leisure Mall, Cheras but there were no reviews on it. I tried to google to search high & low for hair extensions reviews in Kuala Lumpur but there were none and even if there is the details were insufficient. 

There are a few things that you should know before you do your hair extensions. First, you need to know which type of extensions are comfortable & how long you want them to be on your head. I love the braiding type and usually braiding type of hair extensions can last up to 4 to 5 months. After a few months or as your hair grows, you can actually spot the braiding part where they attach your real hair with the extensions. It looks like some brown insects lol Yes sometimes people will ask me in shocked "what is that??" or like "OMG what's growing at your hair??" =_= To avoid this from happening, it's better to re-extend your extensions every 3 months. Its quite embarrassing to be honest. Besides this, you can always op for the glue type but I heard it's very painful. I know some of my friends prefer the clip type but it's quite fussy for someone lazy like me. Besides, I don't have the time to clip here and there.

Next, you need to ask the saloon how much issit for the particular type of hair extensions. The current one I did was in La'Belle in Leisure Mall, Cheras. It was only RM600 for 200 strands (braiding type / with colour). For black hair extensions, it's only RM500 for 200 strands. No additional charges or whatsoever unless you request for other services like permanent hair perming / rebonding etc .. they even trim your hair for free (after the extensions thou)

I remember saying that Milly's has all the colours to match your hair colour. However there are around 4 colours only in La'Belle. If it doesn't match your hair colour, you will need to dye your hair together with the hair extensions. Of course, you need to pay for it & (around RM100 to RM200 for hair colouring). Lucky they have hair extensions that matches my hair colour. Lucky bitch <3
It took them more than 3 hours to complete the 200 strands and I nearly wanna faint cuz I was quite used to Milly's. Milly's only took around 1 hour plus to take off all my hair extensions & re-extend my new bunch of hair extensions. So take your ipad2, magazines or books if you're considering to do your hair extensions here.

Yes you can tie, dye, perm, straighten after having hair extensions (only the ones in La'Belle & Milly's .. the rest I don't know lol). So no worries.




After hair extensions in La'Belle

Another thing that I should highlight is that the hair extensions here are free from split ends unlike the previous ones. I think the quality of the hair extensions in La Belle is way better.
If you have further enquires, you can always drop me a message. Ciaoz!

17 comments:

Elena Reeney said...

hi,

I am about to do my 1st hair extension. and i'm not really sure bout. i love to do the braiding one also. is it painful when ure sleeping or is it gonna harm ur real hair?

thinking of contact this salon by end of this month to do my hair.

what say u?

Aya said...

Hi there, I don't feel any pain but its quite itchy especially for the first 2 weeks.

I heard hair extensions and tight braiding can cause some hair loss, scalp problem, bald patches etc .. You really need to take care of your hair to avoid all these .. try not to tie your hair so often, comb carefully etc ..

My hair is naturally little & my hair is the thin type. The amount of my hair still looks the same when I took off my hair extensions (in Milly's) .. This is my first time doing hair extensions in La Bella so it's too early to tell

I wouldn't recommend you to do hair extensions if you have sensitive hair / hair loss probz .. Maybe you can call La Bella to ask about the side effects =)

Hope it helps

Tian tian said...

hi aya,

Just curious what technique they use to do combine your hair with the extended ones - thru weaving type or use the clip ring.

I am interested to do it... just that am afraid of own hair will tangle up. haha.

Aya said...

Tian Tian: Hi there. Mine is called the braiding extensions where they will attach your real hair with the extensions with a string. It's quite strong though.

Hmm it will definitely tangle up with your real hair especially after 2 to 3 months as your real hair starts to grow and its scary to see the amount of hair fall when taking off the hair extensions. I don't advise you to get hair extensions if you have sensitive hair / if you suffer from hair loss.

Try to google more on the pros and cons before getting one =) If you're afraid, maybe you should get the clips ones where you can clip and take it off whenever you like and I think it doesn't cause much damage compared to the glue or braiding ones. Hope this helps =D

Anonymous said...

Hi, I emailed you some questions. Hope you can reply. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I sent you a msg did you get it? I want to know whether it will last for 6mths?

Aya said...

Hi there,

I'm so sorry for the late reply as I was caught up with work. I've already email you back =)

Nyonya Noor said...

Akak, do read your email.I just ask you some questions. :)

Aya said...

Hi there =D I will replied you. Pls let me know if you still have further enquires.

Anonymous said...

Hi can you tell me the cost?

miyo said...

hi

I would like to ask, about how long is the length??
Is it 100%human hair? and quality is good?

because 500RM for 200strands its cheap. usually i do in KL area its 700++RM for 100strands >< very expensive!

Aya said...

Miyo: Hi there. You can see the length in my last 3 pictures =) Its the longest they have there.

I'm not sure whether its 100% human hair or not but I have dye, perm the extensions and it looks okay even after 8 months

So far I only did my hair extensions in 2 diff saloons. I think the quality of the extensions in La'Belle's are way better. No split ends. So far no complaints but the hair extensions will get tangle easily with your real hair but then again, the hair extensions are meant to last for 4-5 months but I decided to leave it for 8 months =_=;

The price has increased. Like for colour hair extensions, they increased the price from rm600 to rm680. Im not too sure about the black ones. You can try to call them up

Yeah, hair extensions are expensive in KL. That is why I used to do my hair extensions in Singapore because its only $200+ (singapore dollar) for 200 strands and in Msia was about rm1000+.

xiao mei said...

Hi, would like to ask for the contact number of La'Belle from you. And what is the working hours? If I go there on Sunday, would it be ok?

elaira said...

Hello thanks for posting this up! I really wanted to try hair extensions but i wasnt really sure where to start. U look real good with long hair. do u still remember what other colours they have?

Anonymous said...

hey there. I am interested to extend my hair..
can i have La Belle salon contacts? so i can call em up for more enquiries ..

thank you ..

email - xan.officially@hotmail.my

Aya said...

Hi All, terribly sorry for the late reply as I'm not really active in my blog due to my 2nd pregnancy and also work =D Actually, a reader of my blog has informed me that La'Belle has changed their salon name to IP Salon.. I google and their phone no.: – 03-9131 8353. You can call them up for further enquies. Thanks ^_^

Aya said...

Hi All, terribly sorry for the late reply as I'm not really active in my blog due to my 2nd pregnancy and also work =D Actually, a reader of my blog has informed me that La'Belle has changed their salon name to IP Salon.. I google and their phone no.: – 03-9131 8353. You can call them up for further enquies. Thanks ^_^